Nobody likes to do the dishes. The absolute worst part of cooking is cleaning greasy dishes up afterwards. I often find myself making dinner using the absolute minimum amount of pots and pans possible to avoid the dreaded dishes. That's why this recipe, with just one dish to clean, is a week-night godsend.
By roasting the chicken and potatoes together, the chicken's delicious balsamic-y juices and fat coats the the potatoes as they cook, making an ultra savory side to this one-pan wonder. Simply mix up a green salad on the side and you've got an easy, low mess dinner everyone will love.
· 2 lbs. chicken thighs
· ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
· ¼ cup honey
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tsp. garlic powder
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· 2 sprigs rosemary
· 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
· ½ cup plus 3 tbsp. avocado oil
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
1. Make the marinade: whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary and ½ cup avocado oil. Add 1 tbsp. kosher salt and a few good grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
2. Marinate the chicken in a Ziplock with the marinade for 4-8 hours.
3. Heat the oven to 375º. Wash and cut potatoes into large wedges. Place into a 9x13 oven-safe glass casserole tray. Drizzle with 3 tbsp. avocado oil, toss with salt and pepper. Set Aside
4. Remove chicken from the marinade and place atop the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake the chicken and potatoes for 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and the chicken is 165º fahrenheit.
6. Serve with a green salad with lemon and olive oil for a complete meal.